This year 2011 was a bad year for road users with the loss of 12 lives in Mayo
Top 10 New Year Resolutions for Road Safety
As we look forward to 2012, many of us consider what changes we want
to make in our lives to be better in the New Year: better parents,
spouses, employees, etc. Have you considered what you can do (or
continue to do) to be a better driver?
Top 10 New Year Resolutions for Traffic Safety:
10. To share the road with pedestrians and cyclists.
9. To drive with my dipped lights on durning day light hours.
8. To give myself plenty of distance between me and the vehicle in front of me.
7. To give myself plenty of time and not to speed.
6. To be courteous to other drivers and to use my indicators.
5. To use my common sense by paying attention when I drive and to
4. To never drink and drive.
3. "I will keep my eyes on the road": Not on your mobilel phone, vanity-mirror or your breakfast roll. Avoid unnecessary distractions. This also means no talking on the phone while driving, and certainly no texting!
2. To make sure that I and everyone in my vehicle is belted up.
1. "I will keep it cool on the road": Road rage can have some serious repercussions, stress you out or make your daily commute a daily bother.
Share these top 10 New Years Resolutions with your friends, family and others in your community. By following these 10 resolutions, we can save lives and reduce injuries on Irish roads.