Top 10 New Year Resolutions
"Road deaths are more than mere statistics. These are the lives of human beings; the lives of mothers, fathers and children. One death on our road is one death too many. We therefore urge all road users to make road safety part of their New Year resolutions or risk losing their life this year."
Top 10 New Year Resolutions for Road Safety
As we look forward to 2013, many of us consider what changes we want to make in our lives to be better in the New Year: better parents, spouses, employees, etc. Have you considered what you can do (or continue to do) to be a better driver?
Top 10 New Year Resolutions for Traffic Safety:
10. To share the road with pedestrians and cyclists.
9. To drive with my dipped lights on during day light hours.
8. To give myself plenty of distance between me and the vehicle in front of me.
7. To give myself plenty of time and not to speed.
6. To be courteous to other drivers and to use my indicators.
5. To use my common sense by paying attention when I drive and to
4. To never drink and drive.
3. "I will keep my eyes on the road": Not on your mobile phone, vanity-mirror or your breakfast roll. Avoid unnecessary distractions. This also means no talking on the phone while driving, and certainly no texting!
2. To make sure that I and everyone in my vehicle is belted up.
1. "I will keep it cool on the road": Road rage can have some serious repercussions, stress you out or make your daily commute a daily bother.
Share these top 10 New Years Resolutions with your friends, family and others in your community. By following these 10 resolutions, we can save lives and reduce injuries on Irish roads.